Sunday, July 12, 2009

Well it's Sunday Evening...






... and all is well.

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick post this evening. I wanted to share with you the card I made for the Saturday Sketch Challenge from Stamping 411. I used some retired papers for this one as I need to make room for the beautiful new designer series papers that are in the new catalogue. The base of this card is done in Pirouette Pink. I layered a piece of Sweet Always designer series paper onto Chocolate Chip card stock and adhered that to the card base using the Snail Adhesive. Next I used a piece of Regal Rose card stock to form the band across the front of the designer paper and added 3 flowers from the Accents and Elements Flower Fusion 2 kit and attached them with antique copper brads as their centers. The sentiment tag is from the Great Friend stamp set, inked in Chocolate Chip, stamped onto Pirouette Pink card stock and cut out using my paper snips. These little scissors are a must for cutting out fine detailed images! I don't know how I ever managed before I owned them! The little greeting in the tag is from a retired level 1 hostess set, Sweet Little Sentiments. To add a bit of extra detailing on the card front I used our paper piercing tool and pierced a border around the edge. I also stamped inside the card using the butterfly and leaf images from the Great Friend stamp set.
And that's my card for this evening. Quick and simple, yet with just the right amount of embellishments - I think. I'd love to hear what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment!

Until then...

Happy Stampin'

No comments: