Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Very Special Birthday Card







Hi Everyone!

I have to say this work thing is totally interfering with my stampin' and blogging! LOL! I really enjoyed being home with my kids last week and having the time to blog and stamp almost daily was a dream! But like with all dreams, I had to wake up at some point...
I did make it into my stampin' space for a bit so that I could try out this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. I really liked the sketch and was anxious to try it out with some more of my new stamps and papers from the new Stampin' Up Catalogue. I also was in need of a birthday card for a very special lady. One of my friends' Mom is turning 94 on Thursday! Can you imagine being 94 and witnessing first hand all the changes that have gone on in the world? Sometimes when I think back about just some of the changes I have seen in my life time it's amazing, but a lot has happened in the past 94 years! I have had the pleasure of spending time with Bertha, and she is a lovely person. She loves crafty things and especially hand stamped cards so there was no way I wasn't going to make her one.
I jumped into the new In Colors again for this card, and tried out my new Circle Circus (#115778) stamp set. The base of the card is Whisper White cardstock. I cut a piece of Bermuda Bay (#115317) cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8" and the using the large flower circle stamp, I inked it with VersaMark (#102283) and stamped the images randomly on the cardstock to create a background. I wanted to keep the circle theme going, so I created my own designer paper using Whisper White cardstock as the base and 3 different circle images from the set. I inked up the first stamp in Crushed Curry (#115659) and stamped a few random images. I then took my second circle and inked it in the Melon Mambo (#115656) and stamped a few images, and the did the same with the last image in the Rich Razzleberry (#115658) ink. Once this was finished I layered it onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock. I chose a piece of Soft Suede (#115318) cardstock and a piece of 1/4" Basic Black grosgrain ribbon for the accents on the card. The greeting is from the Full of Life (#111500) stamp set, inked in Rich Razzleberry, stamped on Whisper White and then layered onto Rich Razzleberry (#115316) cardstock. For the final circle element on the card, I again chose 2 more of the images from the Circle Circus stamp set, inked them both with the Melon Mambo ink, stamped them onto the Melon Mambo (#115320) cardstock, punched it out using the 1 1/4" circle punch (#104403) and layered it onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock that had been punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch (#104401). The fun thing with the Circle Circus stamp set it that it coordinates with all of our circle punches! So you can stamp any of the images from this set and punch them out perfectly to add as an extra element on any of your cards and other projects.
So that is my interpretation for this weeks Mojo94, and I hope Bertha will like it for her Birthday card. I hope you enjoy it too, and as always, feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Until then...

Happy Stampin'

P.S I'm getting better at stamping inside my cards now too! :)

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

great use of the new colors.....very pretty...thanks for playing with the mojo makers!

enjoy *~*

Bootybella Designs Inc. said...

What a fun looking card!!! I might just have to bring this set out and get stampin!!!!