Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Mojo's Running a Little Late!







Hi Everyone!

Wow! What a fun/busy week this has been! I've had so much fun blogging almost everyday that I'm going to miss is when I have to slip back into reality next week and go to work. :(
I'm just getting around to posting my submission for this weeks Mojo Monday sketch challenge. For this week I used some of the retired Walk in the Park designer series paper. I really like this paper and will miss it - fortunately however, there are LOTS more beautiful papers in the New Idea Book & Catalogue!
The base of this card is made using Very Vanilla Cardstock. The first layer is a piece of the Walk in the Park designer series paper. I then cut a piece of retired Kiwi Kiss cardstock to 4 x 4" and scalloped the edges with our Scalloped Edge Punch (#112091). Hey! Did you know that the Scalloped Edge punch is on sale this week!? Yup! It's the Deal of the Week! Stampin' Up is offering a new deal each week in July, starting on Mondays. This week (July 1-5) the Scalloped Edge punch is only $15.99 (regular price $22.95). For more details and to order yours, click here.
I finally found a layout that was just right for trying out my new Kind and Caring Thoughts, level 3 hostess set. I inked the small bud in Pretty in Pink and then stamped the image onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I used a piece of Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (#109056) tied around a piece of So Saffron Cardstock and layered it onto the Kiwi Kiss scalloped square. I adhered the image of the bud over the ribbon and on the So Saffron using Mini Glue Dots. For the greeting I inked up Thanks from the Thank You Kindly (#111700) stamp set in Kiwi Kiss and stamped it onto a scrap of Very Vanilla and punched it out using the Large Oval (#107305) punch. This was layered onto a Kiwi Kiss scalloped oval that had been punched out using the Scalloped Oval (#114889) punch, and adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals. For the brads in the sketch I chose to make my own, using Regal Rose cardstock and the Trio Flower (#109183) punch and put on using the 2-way Glue Pen (#100425). I love using the glue pen as it goes on with precision on small items and because it allows you the chance to reposition it if you don't like where you first put the item (as long as you do it quickly). Something I don't usually do, but would like to get more in the habit of, is stamping the inside of my cards. So today I used a greeting from Full of Life (#111500) inked in Kiwi Kiss and stamped inside the card. It looked kind of plain, so I inked up the small bud again in the Pretty in Pink and stamped a couple of then on opposite corners. Much better. :)
And so there is my submission for Mojo93! I hope you like. Sorry to have used so many retired papers and inks - but I'm not quite ready to say good-bye to them completely. Hope you're having a great day wherever you are, and as always, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Until then...

Happy Stampin'

1 comment:

Ann said...

Such a beautiful card!!