Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh What a Beautiful Day!







Hi Everyone!

Summer has finally arrived in Northeastern Ontario! It was a beautiful 21 Celsius yesterday, and it's currently sitting at 26 Celsius at the moment. Ahhh-hhhh! It's been a long time coming, and I hope it lasts!
Ok, so yesterday I had hoped to make and post a second card. Well, I made the card, just didn't get it up until now. This is my interpretation of the Mojo Monday #91 card sketch. I once again dipped into my pile of favorite retired papers and came up with the old Afternoon Tea designer paper. I loved this paper and still have an abundance of it socked away. The complementary colors are the retired Groovy Guava, Buckaroo Blue, Soft Sky and Wild Wasabi, and the ever popular Close to Cocoa. I decided to use the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set, as I have had this one for a while but never seem to use it very often. I just felt inspired to ink it up and see what happened and this is it! I colored the bloom with the inks and my blender pens and then sponged the edges with Guava. The blossom definition is stamped in Chocolate Chip, layered on Wasabi and mounted with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped Bloom in Chocolate Chip as well, sponged over it with Close to Cocoa and layered it on a Wasabi scalloped oval. Black brads punctuate the oval and adhere the tab of taupe ribbon. Last, but not least, the bee. I colored him with Summer Sun and Close to Cocoa inks using the blender pen again and mounted it with a dimensional as well. Not bad, used 4 of the 5 stamps that come in the set! I like this card. Not my usual clean and simple. I'd love to know what you think, so as always, feel free to leave a comment!

Until then...

Happy Stampin!

No comments: