Monday, June 15, 2009

Who Wants Some Candy!?!







Blog Candy, that is!

Good Monday Morning Everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was good - relaxing and we even had some nice weather! I was starting to give up hope of enjoying our deck without having to put on a sweater, but no warm clothes were required this weekend. Enough about that, it's Monday and I have a lot to cover today, so let's get started! LOL!


So about the Blog Candy. Well, seeing as my First Blogoversary is coming up in August, and I want to do something special for that - I figured I should probably have a trial run to make sure that it will be a success. With that said, why not have a trial run for my Birthday! And when is my Birthday, you ask? The end of this month! Monday, June 29th to be exact. I would like to propose that for everyone who leaves a comment on my blog on my Birthday, I will put their name in for a draw for some Blog Candy that will include (but not be limited to) the mini-notes kit Birthdays Count from the current SU! catalogue. This little kit includes a double mounted stamp, 4 Whisper White gift notes and envelopes and a Chocolate Chip Stampin' spot. I will also be throwing in some other little goodies, but you'll have to wait until June 29th to see what the extras will be!!
Now onto the card. Today's first card (sounding optimistic that I'll get another done) is a simple "Z-fold" card. I figured I should promote my upcoming Birthday with a card to myself, LOL! I used a piece of 41/4" x 11" Chocolate Chip cardstock scored at 2 3/4 " and again at 5 1/2" for the base. I used a second piece of Chocolate Chip (3x4") and layered with Regal Rose (27/8"x 37/8") for the front. The accent piece on the front fold is a piece of Sweet Always designer series paper cut to 1 3/4" x 4 1/4". Inside the card I used a piece of Pink Pirouette cut to 4 x 51/4". The closure for the card was made using a flower from the Petal Pizzazz stamp set stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink on the matching cardstock, punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch, accented with the Pumpkin Pie flower brad from designer brads Flower Assortment. I did the same tone-on-tone flower stamping on the Pink Pirouette and the Regal Rose, and added the Pretty in Pink flower brads to the front. Sentiments are from the On Your Birthday stamp set, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. *Whew* I think it took less time to make the card then to type the recipe! LOL!
Now I'm going to go and check out what the Mojo Monday sketch is and hopefully I'll have another card to post for you later today. Thanks for popping by, and as always, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Until then...
Happy Stampin!

No comments: