Sunday, May 24, 2009

More Roses!


Hi Everyone!

I finally received my Manhattan Flower textured impressions die. I love it! I have always liked the look of the dry emobossing from the folders like the Cuttlebug ones, so this one from Stampin' Up suits me just fine. It helps that it co-ordinates with my current fav stamp set, Fifth Avenue Floral. Anyway~ I've been anxious to try it out after I watched another of Patty Bennett's fab video tutorials. Basically you use the debossed side of the image and add the colors using your brayer. Patty's tutorial is here if you're interested in trying this out. I am quite pleased with how my card turned out. It's all about the shimery white card stock! If you haven't tried it yet, you need to! It definitely adds that certain je ne sais quoi to the project. I'm using this as a wedding card for a friend, so I hope she will like it as well. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think too!

Until then...

Happy Stampin'!


"Heart to Heart" card recipe



  • cardstock: Cameo Coral, So Safron, Shimery White

  • inks: Cameo Coral, Summer Sun, Basic Grey

  • stamps: French Script (retired), Sweet Little Sentiments (level 1 hostess set)

  • accessories: Manhattan Flower emobssing folder, brayer with sponge attachment, scalloped oval punch, large oval punch, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Erna Logtenberg said...

Lovely card! I want that die too!
When I have it, I'll surely try this technique!