Good Monday Afternoon Everyone!
I'm having too much fun with this new Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper (available Sept.1)! And I'm loving the Soft Suede - Real Red color combo! My card inspiration came from Stamping 411's Saturday Sketch Challenge #113. I really enjoy the sketches the operators over at 411 put together - keep up the great work ladies! Here's the how-to for this card...
- Whisper White card stock cut at 41/4 x 11" and scored at 51/2" for the card base
- Layer 1 is Soft Suede card stock cut to 41/8 x 53/8"
- The bottom part of layer 2 is the striped print from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper cut to 4 x 31/4"
- The top part of layer 2 is a piece of Real Red card stock that I first ran through the Big Shot with the new Petals-a-Plenty textured impressions folder (available Sept.1) and then cut to 4 x 2"
- I adhered both pieces to the Soft Suede layer using my SNAIL, and then I wrapped and knotted a piece of Chocolate Chip felt ribbon (retired, sorry) to cover where the 2 pieces meet up
- The main image is Dasher, from the under $12 page at the back of the SU! catalogue - I love him! I colored his antlers using the SU! markers in Soft Suede, Real Red, Always Artichoke and Bashful Blue, and then inked the body with the Basic Brown ink pad and stamped him onto a piece of 21/2 x 23/4" Whisper White card stock
- I used the Ticket Corner Punch on the image layer - pretty much just because I like it :)
- Dasher is layered on a piece of Real Red card stock 25/8 x 2 7/8", and then again on a piece of Soft Suede card stock 2 3/4 x 3", and adhered to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals
- Noel comes from the Many Merry Messages stamp set. I inked it in Soft Suede, stamped it on Whisper White, punched it out using the Modern Label Punch, and inked around the edges with more of the Soft Suede. I adhered this to the card front using the SNAIL
- The final element on the card are the big shimmery green brads - not from SU!. I found those in my stash and thought it just added that extra little bit. You could substitute these with the Real Red brads from the Bold Brights collection
So that's my card for today. I hope I'm not posting too many Christmas cards already! LOL! Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!