Monday, July 20, 2009

Merry Christmas!







Hi Everyone!
No, I haven't completely lost it! But I have stamped my first Christmas card for this year! :) I stopped by to see what the Operators had posted for the Saturday Sketch Challenge over at Stamping 411, and the layout inspired me to try out a Christmas card! It's not really a traditional color selection, but I really like how they go together! I like how quick and easy this sketch is. Maybe I'll use it to design more of my Christmas cards this year! Here's how I made this one...



  • Cut a piece of Certainly Celery card stock to 51/2 x 81/2"; score at 41/4" to make the card base

  • Cut a piece of Soft Suede card stock to 51/4 x 4"

  • Cut a piece of Certainly Celery designer series paper to 51/8 x 37/8"; use the ticket corner punch, and punch each corner out; adhere the designer paper to the Soft Suede and set aside

  • Using the circled snowflake image from Season of Joy (#110384), ink it with Certainly Celery ink and stamp onto a piece of Whisper White card stock (x2); punch out using the 11/4" circle punch (#104403)

  • Punch out 2 circles in Soft Suede card stock using the 13/8" circle punch (#104401), and a scalloped circle using the scalloped circle punch (#109043)

  • Layer the circled snowflake images onto the Soft Suede circles using the Snail adhesive (#104332) and set aside

  • Ink the poinsettia image in Real Red and stamp onto a piece of Whisper White card stock, cut out using paper snips (#103579)

  • Sponge the edges of the scalloped circle with Soft Suede ink; adhere the poinsettia to the scalloped circle using Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) and set aside

  • Adhere the Soft Suede/Designer Paper layer to the card front

  • Measure out enough Soft Suede 1/2" Polka-Dot grosgrain ribbon to wrap around the card front 1 time, and adhere it to the card front *HINT* I use the mini-glue dots (#103683) to place ribbon - put 3 glue dots onto the ribbon and attach it to the inside of the card front, wrap the ends around to the front and adhere with 2 more glue dots on the end

  • Take the 3 layered images for the front and place them on the ribbon so that they are evenly spaced, adhere with Snail adhesive *HINT* the 2 ends of the ribbon are under the center image so that they are hidden

  • Stamp greeting from Heard from the Heart (#111644) in Soft Suede ink onto the front

  • Inside, stamp a sentiment from Many Merry Messages (#116586) using Soft Suede ink

  • The corners are stamped using the flourish from Season of Joy in Certainly Celery Ink, and then the small poinsettia image from the same set, in Always Artichoke ink

And that is the start of my Christmas cards! If I can do 5 of these a month up until the end of November, I should have enough to send out on time this year! LOL! I hope you have enjoyed this card as much as I have. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!



Until then...


Happy Stampin'

4 comments:

Mary G. said...

Very pretty! Sketches are SO much fun!!!

Krista said...

Great job Jenn !

Tanja Fussell said...

very sweet!

Danderella said...

Nice Card...it's so great to get Christmas started this early!