Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stamp Club Project


Hi Everyone!
Well, here it is, December 1st! The count down is on! I have one final Stamp Club get together coming up this weekend and this is one of the projects I am going to have them make.
As always I see lots of these little luminaries popping up all over the place and I put them on my to do list and never get around to it. This time however; I was intent on trying it out, so with tutorial in hand from Splitcoaststampers I set about to make one for myself!
I followed the basic template for the luminary, but substituted a base made of Crumb Cake card stock so that I could add designer series papers of differing patterns on each side. I chose the Deck the Halls designer paper because I love it's vintage Christmas look. Around the bottom I trimmed it with (sadly) some retired Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon. On the holly berry sides I used the small holly stamp from the Tags til Christmas set, colored in with Stamin' write makers, punched out with the medium oval punch and attached to the luminary with a Stampin' dimensional. On the Cherry Cobbler print sides I made a little poinsettia using the 5-Petal Flower Extra Large punch. I punched 2 of the flowers out of Cherry Cobbler card stock and the sponged them over with Bravo Burgundy to give them some dimension. I placed on a top the other, with the petals offset, and the used one of the new Glimmer Brads in Champagne (basics collection) as the center. I attached these to the luminary using mini glue dots. For the windows on the luminary I used the new Decorative Label Extra large punch and put a piece of vellum card stock behind each. And there you have it! I hope my Stamping girls like this as much as I do! As always, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Until then...
Happy Stampin'

2 comments:

Patti said...

This is so pretty. Lucky for we paper crafters they make battery candles! I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection. Please stop by my blog for visit some time.

Renee said...

Great blog! now following from stampin connection :D