Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Just Love These Tealight Holders!


Hi Everyone!

Yes I know it's been awhile since I've posted a project and I apologize for that, but alas life is busy and sometimes my crafting has to take a backseat. The nice thing about this little project is that it only takes about 5 minutes! WooHoo!
You have probably seen these floating around on various blogs and other websites and it is because they are super cute and super fast to whip off! The longest part of this project was actually the trip to the local hardware store to by the roof flashing! To make this darling little votive holder you simply need to buy roof flashing (comes in a roll about 12"x36"), use the Flower Folds BIGZ Die, the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and your Big Shot. Cut the flashing into a strip that is long and long enough to cover the Flower Folds Die and run it through the Big Shot. I used the 3 biggest flowers for this one, but you can decide for your self.
*hint*Make sure there is enough pressure on the die as it is run through the Big Shot - I used some paper shims to make it a bit tighter so that the flowers would pop out of the metal without too much effort.
Once you have your flowers punched out, one at a time, put them into the embossing folder of your choice and run them through the Big Shot. After you have embossed all your layers, gently fold up the petals, layer your pieces ( I used mini glue dots to attach my layers) and Voila!
Yup! That simple! These would make a great hostess gift as a set, or a teacher's gift, or as part of the setting on a Wedding reception table... the possibilities are endless!
So now it's your turn!

Happy Stampin'

No comments: