Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's a Snowy Sunday - Good day for Stamping!

Hi Everyone!




Sorry for such a long hiatus from my blogging, but my other job was getting in the way! LOL!


Here's a really quick and easy card to make. I CASED this one from an issue of Stampin' Success, a monthly magazine for Stampin' Up Demos only that has lots of great projects in it and sneak peaks of what's coming up. This is just one of the perks of being a Stampin' Up Demonstrator - have you ever considered it?


The base of the card is made from textured Chocolate Chip card stock. I inked up our Medallion stamp in Chocolate Chip classic in and stamped it just off to the left of the card so most, but not all of the Medallion is on the front. The greeting is one of Vintage Labels stamps from the Sale-a-Bration set. (there's still time to get yours free!) I inked it with Crushed Curry ink and stamped it onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the Scallop Circle punch. The "For You" is also from the Vintage Labels set, and was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink into the center of the Label. I used a piece of Chocolate Chip stitched felt ribbon (retired) and silver brads to attach the ribbon to the front of the card and then popped up the greeting label with Stampin' Dimensionals. I continued with the Medallion image inside the card as well. I lined the inside with a piece of Whisper White card stock that I scalloped the bottom edge using the Scallop Border punch and then stamped a portion of the Medallion image off the bottom right side. I chose to use the Crushed Curry ink again to carry through from the front of the card. The sentiment I chose is from the Heard from the Heart set. If you have this set then you know that I didn't ink the entire sentiment. It actually reads, "wishing you happiness today & always." but I didn't want it all so I colored the parts I did want with a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker and then stamped it onto the card. And there you have it, a quick and easy card in under 10 minutes!


Hope you enjoy the card today and give it a try yourself! As always, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Until then...
Happy Stampin'


1 comment:

HappyCrafter said...

Gorgeous, will have to put that medalion on my wish list! Love the colour combos.