Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I found some time to stamp in between watching the Olympics! Even though we're still in February, I figured it's not too early to start on some Easter projects. I have seen lots of these little Top Note boxes and wanted to try one for myself. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and how simple it really was to make! You can find the tutorial for this little box here.
I love Easter. To me it means spring time, and what better colors and papers to use on an Easter box but the Shades of Spring designer series paper from the Occasions Mini. The box top and bottom use a piece of the designer paper in Orchid Opulence. I made the box itself from card stock in Pretty in Pink, and the ribbon surrounding the box is the new 5/8" satin ribbon in Pretty in Pink as well. The embellishments on the front were an easy choice. I used Certainly Celery card stock and ran it through my Big Shot with the Label 2 die from the Lots of Tags Sizzlits. I used the Happy Easter from the Well Scripted stamp set (also in the Occasions Mini), inked with Orchid Opulence and stamped onto Whisper White card stock for the greeting. I then punched it out using the wide oval punch, sponged the edges with Certainly Celery ink and then centered it onto the tag. The final element on the box is the flower. I love, love LOVE these little Sweet Pea Stitched Felt accents! They are so cute, and add so much to your projects! I haven't even used up all that I have, and I've already ordered more! LOL!

So there's my little project for today. It is also going to be one of the projects for my Stampers Club this weekend. I'm sure they will like it! It's just the right size to hide a little bag of the Cadbury Mini Eggies. I hope you like this and try one for yourself very soon! As always, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Until then....

Happy Stampin'





Products used for this project:
  • Stamps - Well Scripted #117072
  • Inks - Certainly Celery #105217, Orchid Opulence #101859
  • Paper - Certainly Celery #105125, Pretty in Pink #100459, Whisper White #100730, Shades of Spring designer series paper #117160
  • Accessories - 5/8" satin ribbon in Pretty in Pink #117289, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt #117266, Wide Oval Punch #112082, Lots of Tags Sizzlits #114508, Stamping Sponges #101610

1 comment:

Lesly said...

I love this little box. It makes me anxious for spring to get here. Is there a tutorial for this box? Thank you and have a great day!