Unfortunately it's been a couple of days since I've made it into my stampin' space; however I did manage a couple of minutes today and thought maybe I'd try to kill two birds with one stone (figuratively of course)!
Today's card combines the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge and the Late Night Stampers color challenge (black and pink). I also needed an excuse to play with my new Nestabilities that came in :)
The card is super simple! Here's the how to for ya!
- Whisper White card stock cut at 41/4 x 11", and scored at 51/2" for the base
- Basic Black card stock cut to 4 x 51/4" , then embossed using the Big Shot and the Swiss Dots embossing folder
- Pink Pirouette card stock cut to 1 x 51/4"; adhere to the Basic Black layer using the Snail adhesive
- Cut a piece of Melon Mambo Polka-Dot grosgrain ribbon enough to wrap around the card stock and tie *HINT* For tying a simple knot - a length of ribbon that will go around your layer 1 1/2 times will be enough
- Using the 2nd largest size of nestability, cut out and emboss a piece of Melon Mambo card stock
- Using the next size down, cut out and emboss a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Ink up the sentiment from the Great Friend stamp set in Rich Razzleberry and stamp onto the Whisper White cut out
- Ink up the butterfly image from the same set in Melon Mambo, stamp the image once onto a piece of scrap paper - this takes of some of the ink and allows for a lighter shade to be stamped the second time - stamp over the sentiment
- Layer the 2 cut outs and adhere them to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals
- Add 2 Whisper White 5/16" brads to the top right of the Basic Black layer
- Mount the finished card front to the Whisper White base, and there it is!
Hope you enjoy the card today. I just can't get enough of the In Color ribbons! I think I use them on everything now! LOL! If you love these ribbons as much as I do, check back tomorrow to find out how you can ALL of them for one low price - delivered right to your mailbox!