Tuesday, June 30, 2009

THANK YOU! AND THE WINNER IS....







.....CONNIE! Connie is from WI, USA and her blog can be found here. Connie's name was randomly drawn by my daughter Molly from all the other names in the bucket. She loves to help Mommy with anything crafty related.

I just want to say a BIG Thank-you to everyone who popped by yesterday to leave me Birthday wishes! You all made my day that much brighter! Considering this was my first run at giving away Blog Candy, I think (after a bumpy start) it turned out well! Now I feel more confident about doing it again on August 11th for my Blogaversary! I haven't decided what I'm putting together for that one, but you can be sure it will be full of fun stuff!
So to thank eveyone who played along yesterday, this Thank-you card is for you! Another quick and easy card featuring some of the new In Colors. For this card I used the Crushed Curry cardstock (#115319) and layered it on a Whisper White card base. Next I pulled out my Big Shot and the Manhattan Flower embossing folder (#114517) and ran a piece of Shimmery White cardstock (#101910)through it. I colored the roses using Patty Bennett's debossed brayer technique with the Crushed Curry (#115659) and Dusty Durango (#115654) inks. I then cut out the roses and adhered them to the Crushed Curry card front. As I was cleaning my stampin' space the other day I found my package of printed Window Sheets (#115122)that I had ordered and obviously forgotten about. So I used the Thank-You piece from one of my newly found window sheets for the top layer of the card. I attached the window sheet using 2 silver brads (#104336) in the top corners of the card. And there you have it! Quick and easy and looks like you spent a ton of time on it. That's what I really like about the printed window sheets, they can really pull your card together in a hurry. I also like the fact that there are 4 printed designs on each of the 8 1/2 x 11" sheets, giving you 4 standard A2 card fronts. Very cool.
Well, that's it for today. I'm going to try and do some more stamping at some point this afternoon, if all goes according to plan. LOL! Have a great day everyone, and as always, feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Until then...

Happy Stampin'

No comments: