Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's a rainy Sunday....




...which makes it a perfect day to dwell in my stampin' room!

Hi Everyone!

Look at me with back -to- back posts this weekend! I'm kinda in catch up mode, and with the kids chilaxin' now that's it's summer break, Mommy has had a bit more time to be creative. This card is slipping in just under the wire for last Monday's Mojo sketch challenge #92. I have to admit I stumbled a bit with this sketch at first. I had wanted to use my Lovely As A Tree (#115026) set, but I just couldn't make it work the way I wanted. So I turned to my newly purchased Petal Pizzazz (#113417) and my ever favorite set of greetings, Full of Life (#111500), threw in some Bermuda Bay, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock, ribbon and embellishments and voila! I am happy with how it turned out! I have to say, try as I might to make super embellished, lavishly layered, ultra-detailed cards - it's just not in me. I guess I'm just a simple girl at heart! I'm actually kinda proud of myself for using ribbon, brads and a piece of hardware all on the same card! LOL! I just love the 1/2" polka-dot grosgrain ribbon in the new In Colors! I used the Melon Mambo (#115611) and laced it through a piece of now retired hodgepodge hardware. I kept the layering effect of the Bermuda Bay on Basic Black with the 3 black brads from the Vintage set (#109109) in the bottom left corner. The flower element on the card is the scalloped petal flower from the Petal Pizzazz set, inked in Melon Mambo (#115656) and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock and then cut out. For the center of the flower I got a little creative and used one of the Whisper White 5/16" Jumbo Brads (#112534) and covered it with StazOn ink in Jet Black (#101406). I attached the flower to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) for that added 3D effect. And that's it! My card for today.
I do have to make another and I have something else that I've been wanting to try, so if I get it finished, I'll post it as well. So have a great rest of your Sunday afternoon and as always, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think! OH! And don't forget about tomorrow! It's my Birthday - but I'm giving YOU the present! I will be posting a picture of the Birthday Goodie Bag tomorrow so you can see what you might be getting in the mail! Just leave a post on here tomorrow and I will draw the lucky winners name after Midnight EST.

Until then...

Happy Stampin'

2 comments:

PaulineJ said...

Hey Jen-typed a message and then has to log in somehow and the message is gone.
Hope you have a lovely birthday and enjoy the day-put your feet up or scrapbook your heart away.
Thinking of you.
I imagine you have my address.
Pauline Johnson-Cochrane

Erna Logtenberg said...

WOW, nice card is this!!